Sore muscles and joint pain is something that affects us in our everyday lives. This can happen during our everyday activities like playing with kids, washing utensils, or after a long day at work.
Although joint pain may occur in people of every age, the reason for this may vary according to age. Be it young or old, muscle and joint pain can be a short or long-term problem and be a hurdle in our daily life activities.
Joint and muscle pain often need a holistic approach to can cure the pain. It does not only provide relief from it, but it also prevents the pain from occurring again in the future. We will talk about the benefits of Ayurveda on these pains later in this blog.
What are the causes of Joint Pain?
Pain can affect any joint in the human body. Different joint pains can occur due to various reasons:
1. Elbow joint pains can happen due to golf elbow concerns or tennis.
2. Wrist pains can happen due to carpal tunnel syndrome.
3. Knee joint pain can occur due to rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis.
4. Joint pain in the legs can happen due to injuries or wear and tear in joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or soft tissues.
In Ayurveda, muscle pains are known as Mamsa GataVata which means there is aggravated Vata dosha in mamsa or muscles. Vata is connected with movement and that is why it travels to the joints. It can weaken the tissues, making them undernourished.
Gradually, it eliminates the lubricants that act as a shield for the joints. This leads to stiffness and pain during joint movement.
Another reason for this can be the collection of Ama (toxins) in the body. This may happen due to bad digestion. Ayurveda believes that improper digestion can weaken the digestive fire or Agni.
This increases the toxin levels and then it gets collected in the joints. This condition may increase in cold weather and humidity.
How Ayurveda Can Help Heal Joint Pain and Muscle Pain?
Ayurveda advises using a multi-pronged method to regulate the health of joint and muscle pain. The different ways to manage pain include:
1. Applying Ayurvedic oil to massage the joints and legs regularly to ease the pain.
2. If the joint or muscle pain is severe, there are therapies like Panchakarma that help fight the toxins in the body. A number of Panchakarma therapies like Virechana, Vamana, Raktamokshana, Basti, and Nasyam focus on specific body parts and eliminate toxins.
3. Exercise is yet another factor to ensure that your bones are moving and they remain healthy.
4. It is important to maintain your diet and the food you eat has a great impact on your health. The food you eat helps calm the Vata Dosha. So you should include sour, salty, and sweet foods in your diet so that there is a balance. You should avoid foods that are acidic in nature and instead eat foods that are rich in calcium and can enhance bone health.
5. When dealing with muscular discomfort, ice packs are one of the simplest remedies available. Sometimes this will work immediately.
6. According to Ayurveda, one should try the Abhyanga method. The treatment consists of a warm bath followed by a massage with heated oil.
This treatment is fantastic for relieving muscular pain and fatigue, as well as being quite restorative. Even after only one session, many patients report significant reductions in muscular discomfort.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Joint and Muscle Pain
There are various Ayurvedic medicines and therapies available to provide relief from joint and muscle pain. One of the effective and convenient ways to get relief from pain is Ambic’s Aljoint Tablets and Oil.
This combo for Joint and Muscle Pain is an effective remedy for this pain. These tablets are a mix of natural herbs that are really helpful in relieving the stiffness in muscles.
These ayurvedic pain killer tablets are made using different herbs like Mahayograj Guggal, Yograj Guggal, Daru Haldi, Amalta, Kulanjan, and Chopchini. These tablets, when used with ayurvedic pain relief oil, can help improve locomotion and relieve joint pain.
The herbs in Ayurveda are thought to be highly effective in reducing pain in muscles and joints as they ease stiff muscles. When you take the Ayurvedic approach to heal these pains, it cures the problem from the routes.
Consider these remedies and consider taking ayurvedic medicine for joint and muscle pain to fight weakened tissues and sore muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can Ayurveda reduce muscle pain?
Ayurveda recommends a lot of remedies to reduce muscle pain. Along with a balanced diet and consuming herbs, Ayurveda suggests regular physical activity to keep the muscles moving. There are also ayurvedic supplements and massage oils that help with muscle pain. Ambic Aljoint Tablets are an effective ayurvedic medicine for joint and muscle pain.
2. What is a home remedy for body pain?
Ayurveda suggests the Abhyanga method for body pain and it can be followed at home. It follows a warm bath followed by a hot oil massage at the pain areas. It can relieve the pain after the first use only and can also calm the mind.
3. What is the golden herb for joint pain?
There is no particular golden herb for joint pain. A number of herbs are said to be effective in relieving pain and one of the most effective is Mahayograj Guggal. Another herb that can help ease joint pain is Yograj Guggal.
Disclaimer: This article only provides information to educate the reader. It does not promote skipping or substituting treatments by medical experts. It is recommended the readers consult experts according to personal needs to understand their medical condition precisely.